.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Air Asia: In-flight meal

Part (1): Kuala Lumpur-Jakarta

IMG_0411

Something like a menu onboard. :) Let me remind you, Air Asia is a low cost, no frills airline.

This mean that meals are not included in your air ticket! Therefore, you may choose to purchase your meal, or not to.

They do provide a pre-booking service for you to choose your preferred meal online when you book your flight. This not only mean lower price but also more variety! So why not pre-book your meals?

That was exactly what I did.

IMG_0430

This was what I pre-booked when I booked my flight to Jakarta at:

IMG_0422

Airasia.com (The place where all low fares can be found)

I love spaghetti, therefore I opted for a change from what I usually order, Pak Nasser’s Nasi Lemak.

IMG_0432

This is the set offered online. Meal + coffee/tea for only RM 12. :) I went for tea.

The only does not mean it is cheap but compared to purchasing it onboard, it is slightly cheaper!

IMG_0435

Tada!

IMG_0433

'Mouth watery’! :)

I’ll show you the end product before reviewing it! :)

IMG_0436

Clean sweep! :)

The sauce is just nice right in the middle, the spaghetti is cooked to perfection and it tastes awesome too! :) <3 it! Best pasta ever I’ve ate it the sky!

7 Nuggets for it!



It is a good price considering you’re 30000ft above the air and have no other option.


*This is extra since I have not went on board Air Asia for 1 year plus already and I miss their red hot stewardess!

For my memory:

IMG_0954

OOpsie. Bad/backside of her.

Part (2) Jakarta-Kuala Lumpur

IMG_0905

The menu on the returning sector. If you have a keen eye, you will have noticed the difference between the menu of the onward journey and the returning one.

Yes, you’re right! The top right of the menu stated two different flags!

This is because my journey to Jakarta was on Air Asia while the returning journey was on Indonesia Air Asia.

Certain meals which are available in the Malaysian menu will not be seen in the Indonesian menu and vice versa.

I pro-booked an Indonesian meal since I was onboard AirAsia Indonesia.

IMG_0909

As you can see. Nasi Kuning Manado (Manado’s yellow rice)

Prebooked meals are cheaper and you can choose whether to go with tea or coffee!

So what lies inside ? :)

IMG_0913

Tada!!!!

IMG_0911

CLOSE UP!

This is a popular dish from Sulawesi served with smoke Cakalang(skip-jack tuna), telur balado, fried sweet potato, potato soya with beef and chilli sambal.

The meal served was hot but the ingredients were horrid! except the egg and rice!

I forced myself to eat everything! The meat was hard and not tender, it definitely gave me teeth a hard time!

The sambal was not too spicy and just mild spicy. I will not recommend this to anyone! After a few spoon of the nasi kuning, I regretted for not choosing Pak Nasser’s Nasi Lemak instead. T.T

4 Nuggets overall for this as it is still edible.

It is reasonable since I chose to book my meal online which cost me only RM12 for both meal and drink.

Extra:

IMG_0914

Some Indonesians are hot! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment